Water in sufficient quantity and quality is an essential basis of life. But global water needs are steadily increasing with a simultaneous rapid decline in natural water resources and water-dependent ecosystems. This applies even more in arid and semi-arid areas.
Germany and Israel, both world-renowned manufacturers of water technologies, work together to provide answers to these challenges. As part of the cooperation between the German BMBF and the Israeli MOST, research and development projects in the field of water technology are funded.
The overarching technical spectrum of the cooperation includes:
- increase of water availability and quality
- wastewater treatment and reuse
- energy efficiency in the water sector
- groundwater investigation and remediation
- drinking water treatment and health aspects of the drinking water supply
- integrated water resources management.
In annual calls for proposals, the topics for the submission of new grant applications are specified. In 2019, the call will focus on:
- protection and restoration of surface waters
- nano-materials for water processes
- digital transformation of the water sector
The joint project proposals of German and Israeli partners are selected for funding by the BMBF and the MOST, taking into account external assessments. The project management agency will inform the project submitter about the outcome of the evaluation in writing. Please note that submitted documents will not be returned.
The current call will be open until 28 March 2019.
The complete call text and the application form can be found in the download section on the right.