'Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development' was called into life in 2009 by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) to promote the international exchange of innovative green ideas from various fields of research.
Every year, the Ministry honours 25 young researchers with the 'Green Talents' award, under the patronage of Minister Anja Karliczek. Since its inception, the award has recognised 207 young researchers and scientists from 57 different countries for their outstanding achievements and contributions to making their communities, countries and societies more sustainable.
The award-winners are selected by a jury of renowned German experts and are granted unique access to the country’s research elite.
Group photo of the Green Talents 2017 © DLR | Hans-Christian Plambeck
The Green Talents Award includes:
- an invitation to the fully funded two-week Science Forum 2018, consisting of:
– A visit to leading German science and research facilities with unique insights
from experts at these institutions
– Individual appointments with German experts of the winner’s choice
to discuss opportunities for research and cooperation
– networking opportunities at the Green Talents alumni conference
- a fully funded research stay of up to three months at an institution of the award-winner´s choice in 2019
- exclusive access to the Green Talents alumni network.
Deadline for submission: 23 May 2018, 2 pm CEST.